Instagram messaging on Botgate AI allows you to run your flows to manage your Instagram DMs.
We are currently in phase 1 of the global rollout of Instagram Messaging. Instagram accounts with follower counts over 10K and under 100K are able to connect to the API. We plan to expand to accounts with between 1K and 100K followers for the next phase in July and include the remaining accounts for the last phase by end of Q3.
Once you integrated Botgate AI into your Instagram Business pages, the flows that you created for your AI Bot will be working on your direct messages. For example, if your visitors send a message to your page, default.welcome flow could greet them.
- An Instagram Business Account that fulfills the rollout criteria above
A Facebook Page connected to that Instagram account. Make sure that you have a Facebook Page since it represents your business identity when connecting with people on Messenger.
Let's see how you can connect Instagram:
- First, in order to manage Instagram messages via API, you will need to enable the connected tools to toggle under message control settings.
- Then, navigate to Botgate AI Dashboard > Integrations and click on Instagram for Business.
- You need to authenticate the Facebook account that you use for your Instagram page/s. Click on Connect your Instagram Page button.
- In this step, you need to log in to your Facebook account. Enter your login credentials and click Log In.
- Now, if you don't have any linked Instagram Business account to your Facebook account, link the Instagram Business account that you are going to use with Botgate AI. And then, click on Next.
- After login, you need to select your page/s to use with Botgate AI and click on Next.
- As a final step for the authentication, you need to give permissions to Botgate AI so that your flows will be working properly.
- You have successfully authenticated your account! Click on OK.
All you need to do is select your Facebook page/s that you linked with your Instagram Business Account after the authentication on the Botgate AI Dashboard. And then, you all set!
You can disconnect your Facebook account just by clicking the Disconnect button above.
Now, you can run all your flows on your Instagram Business Pages! 🤓🤖
Need more help? Send an email to email@example.com or contact us from the Widget!